This AUP governs the use of VPSDepot.com's web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and VPSDepot.com regarding the interpretation of this AUP, VPSDepot.com's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") agreement between VPSDepot.com and the personal or corporate account holder. VPSDepot.com provides World Wide Web Hosting, web design and script installation. VPSDepot.com has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. VPSDepot.com's general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. VPSDepot.com reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by VPSDepot.com when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
VPSDepot.com is a Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting service. This is a type of web hosting service achieved though dividing a physical server into a number of virtual instances.
VPSDepot.com is designed to serve the web hosting needs of small to medium, independently owned and operated businesses in a single country. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small to medium, independently owned and operated businesses.
Disk Space and Resource Usage
If you use your services consistently with the terms of Service and these paragraphs, your site can grow as large as necessary to meet your businesses needs, but to ensure a great experience for all, we do not place constraints on how fast you can grow. The vast majority of our customers' sites grow at rates well within our rules, but our abuse controls may cause a brief delay while we evaluate if expansion is appropriate for your particular plan.
VPSDepot.com Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does VPSDepot.com may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent.
- Intrusive activity, such as but not limited to, port scanning, packet sniffing, remote penitration testing, phishing, etc.
- Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes such as but not limited to, email bots, IRC bots, bitcoin mining, etc.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any file sharing, bit torrent or other P2P network services, client or server software.
In most cases, if you use our services consistently with our terms of Service, visitors to your web site will be able to download and view as much content from your site as they like. However, in certain circumstances, our server processing power, server memory, or abuse controls could limit downloads from your site. You will always be able to use as much bandwidth as your account has. Bandwidth is also reset every month.
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
You may have noticed all of our accounts come with unlimited email accounts, sub-domains, FTP accounts and in some cases domains. This is subject to how much disk space your account has. So you can create as many emails, sub-domains etc as you want as long as it's within your disk space limit.
You may not publish or transmit via VPSDepot.com's service any content that VPSDepot.com reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes beastiality pornography;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to VPSDepot.com;
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against VPSDepot.com by offended viewers;
VPSDepot.com does not accept material such as:
- Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), illegal Gambling and Lottery sites.
- Content "published or transmitted" via VPSDepot.com's service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by VPSDepot.com.
* VPSDepot.com can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it's at VPSDepot.com's sole discretion to issue a refund
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
You must take reasonable measures to secure your server as a whole. This includes but is not limited to operating system updates, control panel updates, Kernel upgrades, etc.
Bulk Comercial Email
Bulk commercial email, mailing lists and email reflectors are allowed on VPSDepot.com's servers. For any emails sent from your VPSDepot.com account you must adhere to the following rules:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your VPSDepot.com service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your VPSDepot.com service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your VPSDepot.com's services.
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
VPSDepot.com will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the VPSDepot.com network.
VPSDepot.com is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the VPSDepot.com network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to VPSDepot.com and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the VPSDepot.com network.
- Use of VPSDepot.com's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with VPSDepot.com's other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.